Once again, Heartland REMC is proud to offer a scholarship program to financially assist students or REMC members. There is no better way to support our community than to support and assist our young people in their pursuit of higher education.
The selection of winning scholarships is from a random drawing at the annual meeting in June. All of the students’ names entering the drawing will be placed in a tumbler. During the meeting 20 names will be drawn. The winning students will each get a $500 scholarship for next fall’s classes at a college of their choice.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE APPLICANT INCLUDE:
- The students must attend college within 12 months.
- Applicants must be a full time student.
- The student may attend any two-year, four- year, or technical school.
- The parents/guardians of the qualifying student must be members of the REMC, and their residence must be served by REMC.
- Students must submit their application for the scholarship by June 1.
- Winners of prior years’ scholarships are not eligible.
- Parents/guardians (representatives) of students must be present at the annual meeting for the drawing.
Applications for the scholarship will be accepted until June 1. Since the qualifying student may be attending a college, he/she need not be present for the drawing. However, the representative of the student applicants, as shown on the application, must be present at the annual meeting to accept the winning scholarship prize on behalf of the student.
Annual Meeting Date: 6/22/19
Times: 10:30 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Location: Huntington County Fairgrounds
Sponsored each summer by Heartland REMC and our statewide association, a high school Senior-to-be can earn an all-expense paid trip to Washington, D.C. The Youth Tour draws over 70 Indiana students who in turn will join some 1,500 students from other states.
How to apply
Interested students should submit an application and essay for review during their Junior year. The deadline for submission is early February. The trip takes place during the summer between students' Junior and Senior years.